$38.00 In stock
Medical bandage that allows the skin to breathe. Waterproof, allow you to shower without worry. Moisture protection, so you do not have to keep applying cream/lotion throughout the day Read more
Ships in 1-2 business days
- Medical bandage that allows the skin to breathe
- Waterproof, allow you to shower without worry
- Moisture protection, so you do not have to keep applying cream/lotion throughout the day
HOW TO USE
STEP 1 - Clean and dry the new tattoo and surrounding skin (lotions or ointments are not necessary).
STEP 2 - Cut the Saniderm tattoo aftercare bandage to allow at least 1 inch of Saniderm to be in contact with undamaged skin. More extra room is suggested in highly mobile areas.
STEP 3 - Peel off the paper backing to reveal the adhesive side.
STEP 4 - Gently apply the bandage using light pressure. For best results, ensure that the skin is in a neutral position.
STEP 5 - Remove the plastic backing, leaving only Saniderm on the skin.
STEP 6 - Wear the first bandage for 8-24 hours, depending on how much the tattoo weeps. Remove the first Saniderm bandage, clean and dry the area, and apply a second bandage.
Tips for Saniderm Tattoo Aftercare
- For maximum comfort, ensure skin is in a neutral position when applying Saniderm. When applying to elbows and knees, the joint should be in a neutral position — neither straight nor completely bent.
- Shave, shave, shave. Peeling Saniderm off of hair is unpleasant. Shave the entire area, plus an additional inch all the way around the site of the tattoo.
- Practice before you apply. If it's your first time using Saniderm, it may be a little tricky to work with. It doesn't hurt to practice with a small section first, just make sure you shave the area.
- When cutting the bandage for application, remember that rounded corners provide the best adhesion.
- It's okay, when using multiple Saniderm bandages, to overlap them by 1/2 inch (1 cm).
- If using a glycerin soap, such as green soap, be sure to rinse thoroughly, as any residue will react with the adhesives and can cause binding and irritation.
- Avoid loofahs or scratchy wash cloths.